US, MN - Minneapolis, Minneapolis
Position Type: 4
Job ID: 23-16389
We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Developer who can bring modern machine learning and optimization models into production together with a highly multi-disciplinary team of data scientist, software development engineers, strategic partners, product managers and subject domain experts. The Senior Full Stack Developer will take models developed by the data scientists and integrate them with the rest of the companys platform. This could involve building APIs around the model so that it can be served and consumed, developing user interfaces to visualize and interact with model results, and implementing monitoring capabilities to that it continues to provide accurate inferences.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES IN THIS ROLE
- This position will partner with Data Scientists and Data Engineers to operationalize machine learning and optimization models that deliver new insights to the business
- Take responsibility for ensuring that model code, data pipelines, APIs, and user interfaces are developed and deployed successfully into production, and troubleshooting issues that arise
- Continuously integrate and ship code into Company's on premise and AWS cloud environments
- Transform data science protypes into production-ready software products
- Build data APIs and data delivery services that support critical operational and analytical applications for Company's internal business operations, customers, and partners
- Ensure a good data flow between database and backend systems
- Optimizing solutions for performance and scalability
- Ensure that the Company methodology, standards and procedures are adopted and implemented
- Ensure that the technical solutions meet the customers' business goals and that customer satisfaction with the project and conclusion is high.
- Coordinate activities with internal/external technology owners/service providers.
- Consult within project team and other teams, with outside vendors or consultants to ensure project or product integrity
- Coach and mentor other developers on the team
The Senior Full Stack Developer position preferably has 5-7 years of software development experience with a minimum of 1-2+ years of hands-on experience working with AWS services as a developer. Candidate must have a bias for action and be capable of system level thinking. Candidate must also have excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and management. Additionally, candidate must be a self-learner with the ability to pick up new technologies and provide tangible results
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? / WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- BS/MS degree, preferably in a technical or scientific field
- 5-7 years of experience hands-on experience designing, developing, integrating, and running business, big data and/or data science applications
- 1-2+ years of hands-on experience working with AWS as a developer
- Experience developing Angular applications
- Experience developing with Python 3,
- Experience working with AWS services with an emphasis on managed services such as Lambda, DynamoDB, SQS, EventBridge, Step Functions, Aurora, S3, and API gateway
- Experience developing infrastructure-as-code using AWS tools (e.g., Cloud Development Kit, Cloud Formation)
- Experience with automating application deployment, continuous delivery, and continuous integration (Git, GitLab, Jenkins)
- Experience using Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Experience with backlog management tools (e.g., VersionOne, JIRA)
- Strong problem-solving skills and capability to understand and set direction for complex technology integration
WH WHAT WILL GIVE YOU A COMPETITIVE EDGE (PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS)?
- Experience with design patterns and implementation for machine learning and data science products
- Experience with design patterns and implementation using microservices architecture
- Understanding or experience with loose coupling of front-end modules on AWS
- Experienced with deploying and managing infrastructures based on Docker, OpenShift, and AWS
- Knowledge of data engineering and experience with big data
- Experience required with Redux/Flux/NgRx store implementa
- Experience developing, testing and deploying APIs using Python-based frameworks such as Flask, FastAPI and/or GraphQL
- Experience with writing and testing complex SQL queries (e.g., queries involving joins and subqueries) and experience with both SQL and NoSQL databases (PostgreSQL and AWS DynamoDB preferred)
- Experience working with AWS Machine Learning tools (e.g., AWS SageMaker)
- Experience with data visualization frameworks such as D3
- Understanding and focus on business outcomes
- Strong teamwork skills
- Functional knowledge of the airline business or airline IT processes
- An eye for detail
- Air Lines develops both strategic and tactical plans that create a safety-conscious environment resulting in employee safety and well-being.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. NLB is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact HR department by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.