US, MN - Eagan, Eagan
Position Type: 4
Job ID: 22-58500
Develop amazingly efficient and effective software using Java, C#, Python, .Net, Spring Boot, Microservices, APIs
Enhance and maintain on prem and internal PAAS applications, and actively rework these to AWS along project timelines
Help to design and implement serverless patterns from containerized applications
Build industry standard APIs and help with establishing, consuming & routing calls, connectivity protocols and policy
Design, develop and implement architecture patterns that are optimized for SLAs, reliability, and cost
Look upstream and downstream to see around corners and anticipate future consequences for immediate technical choices
Help to establish and grow a culture of software craftsmanship best practices, including TDD/BDD and Test Automation (both Unit and Integration), Continuous Integration, and Continuous Deployment
Drive performance improvements including monitoring, detailed metrics, problems, trends, and costs, in order to determine solutions, required process changes, etc. that will make the function more efficient
Ensure adherence to security standards and compliance with privacy rules and regulations early in the development
Be aggressive to resolve and prevent technical debt
Actively engage in Agile software development activities, including sprint planning, daily standups, and retrospectives, with an aim to continuously improve
Collaborate frequently to share ideas and gain perspective. Communicate critical information in a clear and timely manner, listen to others, and seek clarification to confirm shared understanding
Initiate and lead code reviews and continuous improvement efforts
Create usable documentation/playbook(s)
Effectively analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs communicate these across the team
Optimize pace and meet deadlines
Administer product upgrades and patches
Provide assistance and support other team members where required, including troubleshooting and maintenance of production systems/programs/applications
24/7 On-call support rotation function is a component of this role
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED (MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS)
- Embraces Diverse people, thinking and styles
- Able to facilitate as a technical lead
- Consistently makes safety and security, of self and others, the priority
- 8+ years of experience with Java/J2EE development, hands-on troubleshooting and deployment
- 2+ years full stack Cloud-native development, RESTful APIs and serverless microservices with SpringBoot
- 4+ years of experience with DevOps: Git, AWS CDK and/or Tekton
- Knowledge and experience with JBOSS
- 4+ years of experience with Microservices
- Knowledge and/or experience with messaging solutions such as ActiveMQ or Kafka.
- Experience deploying applications in AWS or ROSA (Kubernetes)
- Hands on experience with one or more querying languages.
- Hands on experience of building test automation framework from ground up using modular framework and design pattern like Page Object Model design pattern (POM) etc.
- Hands on experience working with source code management tools such as GitLab, GitHub, AWS Code Commit etc.
- Able to independently create and maintain automation test jobs using tools.
- Must have the ability to clearly communicate with peers, business analysts, and subject matter experts
- Must have the ability to listen to customers and colleagues; convey ideas effectively; prepare written documentation
- Proactive in nature with customer satisfaction as a primary goal
- Ability to quickly adapt to new tools and evolving technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
WHAT WILL GIVE YOU A COMPETITIVE EDGE (PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS)
- Experience of working with various AWS cloud services such as EC2, s3 bucket, AWS code pipeline, CloudFormation, etc.
- Solid data modeling skills for DB2, SQL (Oracle) and NoSQL (Cassandra, MongoDB)
- Hands on experience in automating backend REST services including writing custom functions using tools such as Postman, REST Assured, Cypress, Ready API etc.
- Experience of working in distributed agile teams using agile frameworks such as SCRUM, SAFe, XP etc.
- Hands on experience of creating test reports from automation test run using tools such as cucumber report, Extent report etc.
- Knowledge and experience with the Travel Industry
- Knowledge and experience with Test Driven Development with a testing framework
- Hands on experience of virtualizing services for test automation using tools such as Wire Mock, Mockito etc.
- Experience of writing, designing functional test cases using TDD and BDD methodologies using Gherkin syntax.
- Experience of working with test management and agile management tools such as VersionOne, qTest etc.
- Experience of working with container orchestration tools such as docker, RED Hat OpenShift, AWS CloudFormation.
- Experience of non-functional testing such as performance, load, stress, security, compliance and usability testing.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. NLB is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact HR department by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.