US, GA - Atlanta, Atlanta
Position Type: 4
Job ID: 23-18024
This Sr. DevOps Engineer position is responsible for enabling the adoption DevOps best practices through the administration and support of modern development tools. This role is critical to the availability and resilience of the development tools that orchestrate the delivery of application components to multiple environments. The individual in this role will also drive adoption of DevOps culture across the Enterprise through team engagements and coaching.
- Requires a bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Systems or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training in the computer systems engineering field.
- 1 3 years of Linux experience. Deep understanding of Linux systems and strong core Unix skills are required. Should have experience with Unix shell scripting.
- Good working knowledge of build automation and continuous integration/delivery ecosystem: Git, Groovy, Kotlin, Gerrit, Maven/Gradle, Docker, Nexus, Artifactory, Selenium, Python
- Experience in supporting and troubleshooting modern development tools
- Test driven mindset with experience in automation with development tools
- Comfortable with facilitating training on enterprise tools and best practices
- Candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to articulate concepts to both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Proven problem-solving skills required
- Candidate must have attention to detail, and be methodical in carrying out responsibilities
- The successful candidate must be a self-motivator and be able to perform work with little guidance or instructions. Multiple tasks may be assigned which will require managing/prioritizing.
- Solid understanding of Cloud Native concepts such as 12 factor development
- Experience with infrastructure configuration and automations processes and tools: Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Fabric
- Experience with application telemetry
- Experience working on an Agile team
- Experience in supporting Java container-based applications is a plus
-Involvement in the DevOps community through open-source contributions is a plus
- Model Company's Rules of the Road Core Values and Behaviors: Honesty, Integrity, Respect, Perseverance, Servant Leadership.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. NLB is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact HR department by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.